Which of the following activities could lead to injuries
Which activities could lead to injuries?
Daily Activities That Can Cause Injury Over Time
- Technology-related overuse injuries.
- Carrying a heavy bag.
- Wearing the wrong shoes.
- Exercise-related overuse injuries.
Which of the following factors put you at risk for injury?
Factors that increase the risk of injury include the load being too heavy, large, difficult to grasp or unstable, the task being too strenuous or involving awkward postures or movements, and the working environment lacking sufficient space, having slippery, uneven or unstable floors, having extreme temperatures or poor …
What are the 4 main causes of injuries when using forklifts quizlet?
The main causes of injuries when using forklifts are overturns, striking pedestrians, being crushed by a forklift, or falling from one.
What parts of the body can be affected by musculoskeletal disorders OSHA 10?
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) affect the muscles, nerves, blood vessels, ligaments and tendons.
What are the three most common types of manual handling injuries?
Most Common Injuries Seen In Manual Handling Occupations
- Acute: Acute injury with specific event.
- Cumulative: Impairment built up over time with no particular event.
- Chronic: Long term problem without recent specific event.
- Acute on Chronic: Acute exacerbation of a long standing problem, with a recent specific event.
What are physical risk factors?
In basic terms, physical risk factors encompass everything that can be touched or felt. This can be in the form of splinters, screws, glass etc.
What are musculoskeletal injuries?
What Are Musculoskeletal Injuries? Musculoskeletal injuries affect the muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, or other connective tissue in body. They affect a person’s ability to perform work and participate in their respective social roles.
Which of these can lead to musculoskeletal disorder in workers?
Examples of work conditions that may lead to WMSD include routine lifting of heavy objects, daily exposure to whole body vibration, routine overhead work, work with the neck in chronic flexion position, or performing repetitive forceful tasks.
What causes musculoskeletal injury?
Trauma to an area (jerking movements, auto accidents, falls, fractures, sprains, dislocations, and direct blows to the muscle) also can cause musculoskeletal pain. Other causes of pain include postural strain, repetitive movements, overuse, and prolonged immobilization.
What are the 4 types of musculoskeletal injuries?
4. Classification and management of musculoskeletal injuries
- 4.1. Soft tissue injuries. The soft tissue is a term that encompasses all body tissue except the bones. It includes skin, muscles, vessels, ligaments, tendons, and nerves. …
- 4.2. Fracture and dislocation injuries. 4.2. Fractures.
How many types of injuries are there?
There are basically two types of injuries: acute injuries and overuse injuries. Acute injuries are usually the result of a single, traumatic event. Common examples include wrist fractures, ankle sprains, shoulder dislocations, and hamstring muscle strain.
What are the three types of force that cause injury?
Injuries are often caused by one of three mecha- nisms: compression, tension, or shearing.
What are the most common musculoskeletal injuries?
The most common orthopedic disorders include:
- Tendonitis. This is an inflammation of a tendon – the fibrous tissues that connect a muscle to a bone. …
- Osteoarthritis. …
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. …
- Bone Fractures. …
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. …
What are 3 types of musculoskeletal injuries?
|Types||Bone, muscle, ligament and tendons|
|Causes||overuse, incorrect posture, car accidents, high impact collisions|
|Risk factors||Long term disability|
|Diagnostic method||Pain and numbness|
What are the 9 types of injuries?
Types of sports injuries
- Sprains. Overstretching or tearing the ligaments results in a sprain. …
- Strains. Overstretching or tearing muscles or tendons results in a sprain. …
- Knee injuries. …
- Swollen muscles. …
- Achilles tendon rupture. …
- Fractures. …
- Dislocations. …
- Rotator cuff injury.
What are types of injuries?
Other common types of injuries include:
- Animal bites.
- Electrical injuries.
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Sprains and strains.