In which used in a sentence?
How to use ‘in which’ in a sentence – Quora. Sometimes people want to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition, so instead of saying “This is the house my mother lives in,” they will say “This is the house in which my mother lives.” You can also say “This is the house where my mother lives.”
What are 5 examples of sentences?
Sentences: Simple, Compound, and Complex
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late. …
- Mary and Samantha took the bus. …
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station. …
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
Which sentence is easy?
[M] [T] I didn’t know for certain which train to take. [M] [T] She told me which clothes would be good to wear. [M] [T] Which do you like better, white wine or red wine?
What are sentences 10 examples?
Examples of Complete Sentences
- I ate dinner.
- We had a three-course meal.
- Brad came to dinner with us.
- He loves fish tacos.
- In the end, we all felt like we ate too much.
- We all agreed; it was a magnificent evening.
What are the 4 types of simple sentences?
What Are the Four Types of Sentences?
- Declarative sentence.
- Imperative sentence.
- Interrogative sentence.
- Exclamatory sentence.
What are the 8 types of sentences with examples?
Terms in this set (8)
- Simple Sentence. a sentence with only one independent clause.
- Compound Sentence. a sentence made up of two or more simple sentences.
- Complex Sentence. …
- Compound-Complex Sentence. …
- Declarative Sentence. …
- Interrogative Sentence. …
- Imperative Sentence. …
- Exclamatory Sentence.
How do you write 5 sentences?
A five sentence paragraph consists of a main idea sentence, three sentences that explain the main idea with reasons, details or facts and a concluding sentence.
How many sentences is 60 words?
How Many Sentences Is 60 Words? 60 words is about 3-4 sentences. A sentence typically has 15–20 words.
What are types of sentences?
There are four types of sentences: declarative, imperative, interrogative, and exclamatory.
What are complex sentences 5 examples?
Examples of Complex Sentences
Because he was late again, he would be docked a day’s pay. While I am a passionate basketball fan, I prefer football. Although she was considered smart, she failed all her exams. Whenever it rains, I like to wear my blue coat.
What are the 7 types of sentences?
- Statements (Declarative Sentences) Statements are the most common type of sentence, and we use them to… …
- Questions (Interrogative Sentences) …
- Exclamations (Exclamatory Sentences) …
- Commands (Imperative Sentences)