How do you find the line segment of a figure?
How is a line segment drawn?
Step 1: Take a scale and check for its start point, which is zero. Step 2: Place the scale on the sheet of paper and mark the starting point of the line segment with a dot on the paper. … Step 4: Draw a straight line joining the two points. We will get a line segment AB of length 4 cm.
How do you draw a line segment in math?
Which is a line segment?
In geometry, a line segment is a part of a line that is bounded by two distinct end points, and contains every point on the line that is between its endpoints.
What is a line segment example?
A scale.: A length measuring instrument, usually 15 cm or 30 cm in length, is a good example of a line segment. 4. The edges of a book / paper / black board.: All these shapes are usually rectangles and their edges are straight line segments. 5.
How do you draw a 5cm line segment?
The steps to draw a line segment of length 5 cm using ruler and compasses are:
- Step 1: Draw a line of any length. Mark a point A on the line, which is the starting point of the line segment.
- Step 2: Using a ruler, place the pointer of the compass 5 cm apart from the pencil’s lead.
How do you draw a line?
How do you draw a line segment AB?
How do you draw a line segment of 4cm?
Draw a line segment AB = 4 cm. AB draw an arc say it intersects AB at E. 3. Taking E as centre and with the same radius as above draw an arc which intersects the previous arc at F.
How do you draw a 5.5 cm line?
- Draw seg AB of 5.5 cm.
- Place the compass point at A and taking a distance greater than half the length of seg AB, draw two arcs, one below and one above seg AB.
- Place the compass point at B and using the same distance draw arcs to intersect the previous arcs at P and Q.
- Draw line PQ.
How do you draw 5.6 cm?
Place the pointer of the compass on point A and draw an arc keeping the same radius as the previous line. The arc is drawn cuts the line at point B, we get: This line segment AB is our required line segment of length 5.6cm.
How do you draw a line segment of length 6.3 cm?
Draw a line segment of length 6.3 CM draw on other parallel lines to it at a distance of 3 cm from it
- to create F and E ,take radius 3cm at pint b and intersect at point F.
- similarly take radius of 3cm and place it at A and E.
How do you draw a radius with a 2.25 circle?
Draw a circle radius 2.25 cm
- Open the compass of radius 2.25 cm.
- keep the compass middle on point a (center of circle)
- now draw the circle as in figure.