What is the naturalization process steps?
In order to be naturalized, an applicant must first meet certain criteria to apply for citizenship. Then, the applicant must complete an application, attend an interview, and pass an English and a civics test. Upon successful completion of these steps, the applicant takes an oath of allegiance, and becomes a citizen.
What is the 6 step process for naturalization?
Take citizenship classes. Apply for citizenship. Interview with USCIS official and take thr citizenship exam. Attend a ceremony and pledge an oath of allegiance to the US.
What are the steps in the naturalization process quizlet?
Terms in this set (5)
- Apply for permanent residency visa, commonly called a green card.
- Apply for citizenship by filing their photos and other documents.
- Get fingerprinted.
- Be interviewed at the USCIS and pass a citizenship test (in English)
- Take the oath of allegiance to the US.
What are the 7 steps of the naturalization process?
How to Become a Naturalized U.S. Citizen
- Step 1: Meet the Citizenship Eligibility Requirements. …
- Step 2: Prepare Your Application, USCIS Processing of Form N-400. …
- Step 3: Biometrics Appointment. …
- Step 4: The Citizenship Interview. …
- Step 5: The Citizenship Test. …
- Step 6: The Naturalization Ceremony. …
- U.S. Citizenship Attained.
What are 3 ways to lose citizenship?
So, in what three ways can American citizenship be lost? Well, first is through wrongfully gaining their American citizenship. The second is through a voluntary act, and the third is through denaturalization.