Which of the following are methods of fire prevention?
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. …
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
What is the basic rule of preventing fires?
A fire needs three elements – heat, oxygen and fuel. Without heat, oxygen and fuel a fire will not start or spread. A key strategy to prevent fire is to remove one or more of heat, oxygen or fuel. The risk assessment should include detail on all three elements to minimise the risk of a fire starting/ spreading.
What fire prevention means?
Definition of fire prevention
: measures and practices directed toward the prevention and suppression of destructive fires.
What are 5 ways to prevent fires?
5 Tips to Learn How to Prevent House Fires
- Educate Everyone on Fire Risks and Safety. …
- Test Your Smoke Alarms. …
- Keep Lawn Clippings and Other Flammable Items in Safe Places. …
- Keep Pets Contained. …
- Check Your Home Appliances and Wiring.
What are four ways to prevent fires?
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF, LOVED ONES AND YOUR HOME
- Create and practice a fire escape plan. Include two ways out of every room. Pick a spot to meet outside. …
- Install and maintain smoke alarms. Place smoke alarms on every level of your home, including inside and outside bedrooms. Test smoke alarms once a month.